Thursday 4 June 2020

Places to not buy packaging items

We have all been there. It could be a forgotten birthday or an anniversary gift that we are a little bit late on.  There are lots of reasons why we are in a pinch and need to ship something really fast.  It could even be for work and you need to send a gift or a item that got left behind in an order.  There are lots of reasons to get busy shipping something quick, but don’t lose your head and logic when you are doing it.  There can be many mistakes made in where you get and use your shipping supplies and you can be costing yourself terribly by doing it wrong.  So take a deep breath, add some time to plan and lets go over a few things not to do when you are in a hurry to ship an item.

First thing to do is not to go directly to the post office or shipping store.  If you go there it is a guarantee that you will indeed be spending lots of extra money on your shipping supplies at the direct location.  They surround you with lots of boxes and bags and tape that looks like you can simply pick up and use.  But trust me each one of those items has a price to it.  I can remember going into the United states post office next to my home and one of the edges of my package was a little loose and needed another strip of tape.  I was a little worried about it and I was pretty sure the cost of the item would only be 7 dollars to ship. 

  I looked on the counter and there was a nice partially used role of packing tape.  I went to take a strip and put it on them package and it had a blue eagle on the tape. It was the post office to it made sense in my mind.  I used one small strip and went to wait in line.  The tape signified that the item had to be sent a specific way and the cost of the shipping went from 7 to 20 dollars.  This was insane in my mind and made me really furious. I pointed out the weight and size and they pointed out the blue tape that signified priority plus. Immediately, I took the take off and left.  I was really made that they would charge 13 dollars for a strip of tape. 

So it really is important to plan ahead and make sure you don’t just spend way to much money at the shipping location. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Eco Friendly Packaging Options

With the clothing industry growing more and more competitive than ever before, a lot of companies have to look at unique ways to differentia...